Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Florida Antitrust Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Estate Planning and Antitrust for Florida on
Q: Moms trust states no heritance until I work 1 year, I get ssi I've tried to work, can't mentally disabled. What 2 do

It is a trust, my estranged sister is trustee. I have worked at 3 different places. This year. I can't hold job

Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst answered on Jan 13, 2021

This forum is for questions of a general nature. Your question "what to do" solicits advice regarding your particular situation. No attorney can give you advice about what to do without reviewing the trust and also asking a lot of questions about your particular circumstances. You need... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Antitrust and Business Law for Florida on
Q: Would a decal saying “I record audio and video” work to avoid Florida’s wiretapping laws or would they even apply?

I live in Florida and drive for UberEats. Sometimes people approach my vehicle to pickup deliveries, but they never get in. I bought it as a precaution because I’ve had a couple near-miss collisions and issues with people harassing me when I deliver in low income areas.

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Aug 22, 2020

The law to which refer requires you to notify other parties to a conversation that you are recording it. So it should work, assuming that you make sure the sign is clearly visible.

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce and Antitrust for Florida on
Q: He gets angry and holds my child as a pawn towards me and doesn’t let me see him when it’s my week to have him

I have him after not seeing him for 3 weeks because his dad wouldn’t allow me to get him and now I’ve only had him for 2 days and he is demanding that I bring him back home . When I said no he said he has primary custody of him and if I didn’t bring him back that he would have me put in jail.... Read more »

Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber answered on Sep 4, 2019

You should have a parenting plan which defines your time and his time. He cannot block you from having your time. If he does then you need to go to court and tell the judge. There is no "primary custody." The child is shared and you are entitled to your time per the court ordered parenting plan.

1 Answer | Asked in Animal / Dog Law, Family Law and Antitrust for Florida on
Q: Me and my family are going on a two week trip and I don't want my older sister to get my dog what should I do?

My older sister has a history of psychopathlogal lying, stealing, and drug abuse. But she had paid for my dog medical expenses in the past but is there a way from keeping her away from my dog?

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on May 29, 2018

Leave the dog with someone else.

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce, Family Law, Antitrust and Child Custody for Florida on
Q: Wife disappeared, took our 3 kids out of state without notice or answering phone for weeks. Enrolled them in school but

She claims she hasn't changed her address, so how are the kids enrolled in a school, that she won't tell me where or what the names of schools are. We also had an open case with child services, and claims when she told them she left, they just closed the case. Does this sound legal&... Read more »

Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber answered on Feb 22, 2018

You can file for divorce where you live. Once she is served you can ask the court to order her to return the kids to where you live. The longer she is away and establishing the children in a new city, the more difficult it will be for you.

1 Answer | Asked in Antitrust, Land Use & Zoning, Business Law and Consumer Law for Florida on
Q: Can a sign shop owner who has classes have T&C that keep participants from opening up a sign shop in a 200 mile radius?

The sign shop owner is a of a do-it-yourself sign studio. Nothing proprietary or really unique was "taught" in the class. We applied stain to wood with a brush, then dabbed paint on to make lettering, just like what it seen in literally hundreds of videos online. Their terms and... Read more »

Andy Wayne Williamson
Andy Wayne Williamson answered on Feb 1, 2018

Short answer, I don't think so, but it doesn't mean that the sign shop owner cannot try. Typically agreements like you describe are apart of an employment agreement and are referred to as a non compete agreement.

I suggest that a consult with an attorney in your area may be...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Antitrust for Florida on
Q: In Tampa Electric Co v Nashville Coal Co. (1961) was Tom Campbell Clark the judge?
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot answered on Oct 31, 2014

I would have to look it up in the law library if it was a reported case to be able to answer your question.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.