Wichita, KS asked in Family Law and Adoption for Oklahoma

Q: I'm in a adoption case for my son. The judge ordered that my son can be eligible for adoption without my consent.

Now my court appointed lawyer withdrew. And told me I need to file a " entry of appearance". How do I do this, and where do I fie it. And what is it for.? I'm so lost and need help before I loose my parental rights to my son. It was a default judgement I was late for court.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Pete David Louden
Pete David Louden
  • Family Law Lawyer
  • Norman, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: It is not possible to teach you everything that you need to know to handle the case over the internet. You really need to hire an attorney right now and see if they can help you set aside the default. Act quickly!!!

Melissa  Webb
Melissa Webb
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: You need to hire an attorney who specializes in adoption, QUICKLY. It is possible to terminate your parental rights without your consent.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.