Visalia, CA asked in Probate and Estate Planning for California

Q: There’s 3 of us sisters, there leaving me out, no will from my parents,& I haven’t been there since my mom passed,

They had a distribution last wkend and I cudnt go, they’ve been there doing all the things they want and I haven’t been aloud to as my sister says, she got appointed administator, which my parents wud never allow! A couple months ago they had a garage sale I didn’t know, but I showed up and my sister choked me,..there’s absolutely no right doings in this by them,& nothings gonna bring my parents back, but I’m told I’m losing everything because I didn’t go to the distribution! Mind u I have a police report, I thought it wudnt be a good idea to go like this, yet her attourney that’s being paid our parents money is not caring abit w/ my say! And it’s not fair! Can I do anything or just go on w/ my whole world I knew lost forever?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Samuel Price
Richard Samuel Price
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Redlands, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I'm sorry to hear that you're in this situation. If there is no will and your mother was not married at the time that she passed away, then her heirs are her children equally. You will have to contact a local attorney to help you with this.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.