Claremore, OK asked in Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: My son moved to Florida with his father. He is 15 and is “mad” at me. He won’t speak to me and his father won’t let him.

I live in Oklahoma and pay child support. If they won’t even allow me to talk to him do I have to pay child support?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Melissa  Webb
Melissa Webb
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: The short answer is yes, you have to pay child support. I recommend you consult with an attorney well-versed in family law in Oklahoma to determine next steps based on whether or not your child's father is in contempt of an order already in place by relocating to another state and to enforce your custody/visitation rights.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.