Edinburg, TX asked in Construction Law and Contracts for Texas

Q: construct contract 180days stated on contract have passed and owners revenue is piling in the negative,what can be done?

additional verbal 30 days has also come and gone, loss of revenue on original house due to still living in it. Other contract details are not being respected. Stressed to the max, very emotional and now I have even alienated from friends and family. Loss of sleep and ambition.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Construction Law Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: You should think about contacting a Texas attorney to review the terms of the contract and advising you on what your next steps would be in recovering the money for your performance under the contract. An attorney could outline some of your options, ranging from a letter from a law firm to formal legal action. If you have records outlining the scope of work performed to date, such as time sheets or pay stubs for employees, receipts for materials purchased, together with a copy of your contract, technical specifications, and any change orders to the work scope, that could economize the number of times you might have to meet with the attorney. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.