Trumansburg, NY asked in Criminal Law and Wrongful Death for New York

Q: My son was killed in 2009, the case was sealed, is there any way to get depositions unsealed. thank you C. Houseknecht

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Arslan Abid
Arslan Abid
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Karachi

A: Depositions can be taken out with the leave of the court with condition that the depositions will be brought before the court when ever needed by the court, if the case has not been disposed off. You must contact a local lawyer who will draft its application and will proceed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.