Homewood, IL asked in Medical Malpractice for Illinois

Q: Last summer I got injections to shrink a keloid that isn’t directly on the center of my chest, just below the collarBone

The injections were suppose to shrink the Benign (according to my dermatologist) keloid and instead of it shrinking it grew. I decided to not go back and I just felt that I was paying for the complete opposite of what I asked for. What do I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: If you are contemplating a claim, you could consult with an Illinois attorney about your matter. If the firm wanted to investigate the matter further, they could request the medical file and review it. It's a personal decision whether to explore a claim, or to try to find out why the keloid grew instead of shrinking. The fact that it did not shrink does not necessarily mean that a doctor was negligent, and that could be something that a medical professional could offer insight into. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.