Chino Hills, CA asked in Real Estate Law and Probate for California

Q: If I'm Admin with full authority to manage estate, can i sign a Quit claim deed to a property? Just transfer no money.

I feel I can do anything I want as long as I notify the other beneficiaries. But what form i use to do this and how i send it by mail or what? And if they dont want me to how will they let me know? What happens if they dont agree and if i insist? What is this called?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James Edward Berge
James Edward Berge
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • San Jose, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: With full authority under the IAEA, you have the authority to sign a deed in connection with a sale transaction assuming you have the consent of all beneficiaries, but not the authority to make a distribution of the estate without court approval. If you do not have the consent of all beneficiaries, you must seek court approval of the sale transaction at a duly noticed hearing.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.