Oklahoma City, OK asked in Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: My 16 year old grandson wants to move in with his grandparents. His dad has temp custody. Can he leave if he wants

His dad lied in court about things that were not going on with there mom. Both kids want to go home. Can the boy leave, he is 16

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Hans Otto Lehr
Hans Otto Lehr
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: As the child's legal custodian, the father is charged with his/their well-being. As such, he can decide (mostly) where the child stays and when the child stays there. Unless someone can show to the Court that the child is in danger, or where the child is staying is not in the child's best interest, there is not much anyone can do about it. To accomplish showing that to the Court, you will almost certainly need the help of an attorney. Reach out to a licensed family law attorney in Oklahoma for help.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.