Rapid City, SD asked in Child Support for Nebraska

Q: If my husband son gets I trouble and gets tried as an adult and goes to prison does he still have to pay child support.

He had got in trouble in her care.. and is incarcerated and not in the home..

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
  • Omaha, NE
  • Licensed in Nebraska

A: A person who is incarcerated can be ordered to pay child support. If an order for child support is being established and the person is incarcerated, the Court will likely order a very minimal order of child support, if any.

If a person is already ordered to pay child support and then becomes incarcerated, the statutes provide for the incarcerated person to request to modify child support due to the incarceration as an involuntary reduction in income.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.