Longmeadow, MA asked in Car Accidents for Massachusetts

Q: I was in a car accident & now have osteonecrosis. I now realize it was from the accident what do I do?

I have sickle cell anemia but I had no complications until after the accident. The side of the impact is the side where my osteonecrosis ended up in my shoulder and knee. This left me in a ton of pain and now I have to change my way of life. I want to know what a good amount of money is to settle for my situation or if I should hire an attorney if I need to take it to trial.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael O. Smith
Michael O. Smith
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Boston, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: There are a number of factors to consider when evaluating a motor vehicle injury claim. First, you will need to establish the operator of the second motor vehicle caused the accident and is 100% liable for the accident. You will also need to know the amount of insurance coverage there is available. You will also need to causally relate your medical condition to the motor vehicle accident. I suggest you obtain a narrative letter from your treating physician stating your condition is directly caused to the motor vehicle collision. Please note there are time restraints to bring a claim for personal injuries in Massachusetts. I suggest you contact an experienced personal injury attorney for further information and to see if they can help you.

Best of luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.