San Antonio, TX asked in Real Estate Law for Texas

Q: how Can I get a car title/house deed into my name so I can get them insured-owner deceased.

I was put as beneficiary on her things but with her failing health we did not get around to changing title and deed but she gave the title/deed to me.

I have siblings who do not want to pay the insurance on these items but I am willing to pay the insurance and taxes.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tammy Lyn Wincott
Tammy Lyn Wincott
  • San Antonio, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: The answer can vary greatly depending on the circumstances. Was this your mother? Was there anyone else ever on the deed? Will all siblings agree to let you have the real property and the vehicle, etc.? I suggest you contact a probate attorney or real estate attorney to assist with this.

You may be able to provide an affidavit to the DMV for title transfer; they have their own form; however, all heirs must sign it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.