South San Francisco, CA asked in Elder Law, Nursing Home Abuse, Estate Planning and Probate for California

Q: How do I present an effective ex-parte order so the judge will realize the abused and let me stay with her at nigh shif

My grandmas conservator is abusing her I have been watching her recklessly spend 200,000 plus dollars but mostly they have almost killed her. She over the past year has fallen many times . She has broken many bones. The latest fall fractured her hip in many places and broke her arm in half. I feel this is due to forcing chemical restraints on her without consent, placing her in a facility that is abusing there patients and limiting my visits to supervised only . I am the only family member there for my grandma so i speak out when I see these reckless behaviors inflected on my grandma. The problem is this women is very well known in the San Mateo county probate court and gets away with murder. Know matter how hard I try to get the judge to listen to me I get nowhere. My attorney seems to be shy and let everyone bully him. I went to the hospital because my grandma is now half dead. She was so relieved to see me. The next day they said i could no longer see her. Her reviews Bad

1 Lawyer Answer
Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Crossville, TN
  • Licensed in California

A: Contact your local Adult Protective Services office and also hire a different attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.