Wichita, KS asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Kansas

Q: My girlfriend was assaulted by a 20 year old man. She has bruises. Police still haven't done anything. What can I do?

20 year old black man forced my girlfriend to kiss him while groping and biting her neck and breasts. This happened at the WSU campus. The police only told him to avoid contact. What can be done?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL

A: You cannot represent her because you are not a lawyer.

She can go to administration or a woman's help group on campus

But the hair on the back of my neck stood up immediately when I saw it was important to you that you made sure that the readers knew the alleged perpetrator is BLACK.

I do not understand the importance of writing that

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.