Lake Jackson, TX asked in Workers' Compensation for Texas

Q: Should i get a worker's comp lawyer and if so what do you recomend my pain is getting worse

I got dehydrated while working in a slicker suit and my back was cramping up and then my back started to hurt and then the workers comp doctor said i needed to work so i can work those muscles aand my back was hurting even more and then was discharged by the doctor and that same day was laid off

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Roy Lee Warren
Roy Lee Warren
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • San Marcos, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: First and foremost you must file a claim if you have not. An IE only has 30 days after the date of injury to report the injury to the employer. If you do not report w/i 30 days you must establish "good cause" for failure. Seeing the company doctor implies that you did report the injury.

Because you were laid off when still having problems with the injury it would be best if you consulted with a lawyer in your county. Most WC lawyers will give you a free initial consultation, and if not, the Workers Compensation Division will appoint an ombudsman free of charge to assist you if you ask for it. Good luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.