Philadelphia, PA asked in Social Security for Pennsylvania

Q: I am currently in SSI AND HAVE BEEN FOR 15 YRS. I have not been able to find a psychiatrist tthat accepts my medicaidHEL

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: That may be because of your plans. Your county MH coordinator should be able to assist you. Because of the reimbursement rates and amount of paperwork involved it is very difficult for anyone on Medical Assistance to find Psychologists or Psychiatrists to help. Philhaven outpatient or similar may be options. If your a vet, VA out patient may be an option. Look also at LICSW/social worker therapists.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.