Chicago, IL asked in Criminal Law and Juvenile Law for Illinois

Q: what are the consequences for a 15 yr old who is being charged with unlawful videotaping another person? In Illinois

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brian Morgan
Brian Morgan
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Rockford, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: In any juvenile case, you can be placed on Continuance under supervision, which is like Court Supervision in adult court, to being placed in the Juvenile Department of Corrections. Factors that typically go in to the decision of punishment are severity of the crime and the Minor's prior criminal history. I have seen some minors get slapped on the wrist for some serious first offenses while other minors have been sent to the Department of Corrections on seemingly small crimes because of their criminal history

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.