Lancaster, PA asked in Uncategorized for Pennsylvania

Q: I have someone who is trying to claim my son as there’s , they keep harassing me and my family and threatening me

Just need to know what to do to get it to stop

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: Call the police - they might be committing criminal harassment and criminal threatening. This could lay the foundation for obtaining a restraining order or peace bond but also start the process of getting them the mental health care services that they need. You want the police involved to document the harassment and threats, even if it doesn't lead to criminal charges; you want to ensure the safety of your family from physical harm or abduction; also, intervention from police help them get the assistance they need.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.