Tulsa, OK asked in Personal Injury for Oklahoma

Q: I was at a hospital to pick up my sister. On the way to get vehicle, there was something sticky on the floor in the

Hallway. I fell. I hit my head so hard it took awhile to sit up and had to have a wheelchair to be taken to emergency room. I was admitted because after CT scan I had a brain bleed. I had already had a CT scan at cancer center earlier in day. The hospital Kept me over night because of the severity of the bleed and fact I take Eliquis. Had 3 CT scans. They had me quit Eliquis for 4 days. This was very scary because of the possibility of bloodclots. Let me go home next day. Received no paperwork as to what happened and procedures performed. I finally received a call from hospital today to check on me. This was 7 days after accident. I am concerned about the brain bleed and worried if it could start bleeding again.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: Contact a member of the Oklahoma Assn for Justice/Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Assn. They give free consultations. Given the law in some states you may not have a claim but at least find out. Follow up with the head injury aspect--regardless of any case you may have persistent problems and these cases are ones where there's no easy answer but "wait and see" needs to be tempered with "if problems persist, be your own advocate."

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.