Seale, AL asked in Immigration Law for Alabama

Q: A family came to do volunteer mission on B visas. We'd like them to stay (change status to R). Can the dependents stay?

The primary will go from B to R (I-129), but can the dependents stay in the US while this is in process? How do I apply for R2s for them? Will they have to return to Bahamas while this is in process, or do they have to return after approval? Is there an additional form to file with the I-129? 2 Adults, 2 kids.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Stephen Arnold Black
Stephen Arnold Black
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Orlando, FL

A: Retain counsel to represent you. A consultation should be set up so that the facts of the case can be reviewed. Counsel anywhere in the USA can represent you.

Ms Grace I Gardiner agrees with this answer

Ms Grace I Gardiner
Ms Grace I Gardiner pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • New York, NY

A: Like the previous attorney said you need to consult with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss the chamois status from B1/B2 ti R1/R2

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.