Tucson, AZ asked in Criminal Law for Arizona

Q: I am looking to request an early release from probation

I was given a 5 year probation for a dui related incident. I have completed 2 years October 1, which includes all treatment classes, fine/fees and ua drops which i had 2x a week. I am looking to get a second job and to have an opportunity of a promotion at work but I will not be considered as long as I am on probation. I work fast food and cannot really afford a lawyer but i think i will have better chances with representation. What are my chances and can would it be better for me to have an attorney speak with my probation officer and go to court?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
K. Bryan Goodman
K. Bryan Goodman
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: You are typically eligible for early termination from probation when you complete 50% of the probation term. At this point you have a few options: you can contact your PO and explain your situation and see if they would be willing to submit a request for early termination; if they are not willing to submit the request you can submit it to the court yourself; lastly you can hire an attorney to contact your PO and submit a request on your behalf. Most attorneys on here, including myself, offer free initial consultations. Set one up and get some information. Best of luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.