Columbus, GA asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights and Sexual Harassment for Georgia

Q: I’m currently facing several legal litigations after a horrific nightmare... I was at a local bar & grill during hours.

It was later (still open) I was brutally assaulted physically & sexually... bar owners had law enforcement come to arrest me for trespass after I expressed what had just happened. I was forcefully drug down the steps & put into solitary confinement (my rape kit was postponed) they didn’t believe me, then they lied on police reports. Investigators stopped looking for my rapist bc there were not any surveillance cameras. Now I’m facing trial as defendant of trespass & obstructing Justice. It feels backwards, I am a victim. Please help. I have no idea what to do. Thank you.

1 Lawyer Answer
Priscilla T. Upshaw
Priscilla T. Upshaw
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Powder Springs, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You need to contact an attorney As Soon As Possible. You are entitled to a vigorous defense, and we are glad to assist you. Contact us today.

I wish you well.

-The Upshaw Law Firm, (770) 240-0922.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.