Doylestown, PA asked in Traffic Tickets for Pennsylvania

Q: NJ Driver. Got a stop sign ticket. Should I plea it to a 3111(a) or non-moving violation? Will 3111a be reported to NJ?

NJ and insurance charges 2 pts for all out of state moving violations

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellis B. Klein
Ellis B. Klein
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Yardley, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: You should definitely plead not guilty and go to court as any moving violation in Pennsylvania, and even some non-moving violations like 3111 A do transfer as points to New Jersey. Even though 3111a is considered a non-moving violation in Pennsylvania, New Jersey considers this a moving violation and will assigned two points to your license. There are other tickets out there that do not transfer and an experienced traffic defense lawyer would assist you in getting just a fine and no points. If you are from out of county, many judges will allow a lawyer to go in your place to work it out.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.