Catawissa, PA asked in Animal / Dog Law for Pennsylvania

Q: Old roommate wont give my cats back sorry not dogs but i truly need some advice on how to get them back

My old roommate and me got into a argument day of she tells me to leave so i do i only took a few things with me thinking ill get the rest later long story short she threw out most of my stuff but she has my electronic devices ps4 labtop to name a few things when i went back to get my things she out right refused to let me but the biggest thing is she will not give me back my cats i tried involving the police but they said it was a personal issue but its stealing and theres nothing i or the police can do? I am not getting any help and i dont know what shes going to do with them i dont want her to give them away because then i might never seen my cats again please if you have any advice im happy to hear it im not worried about the material stuff i just want my cats

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Winblad
Richard Winblad

A: Consider a small claims replevin action in your state. Replevin is an action to recover property like an animal.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.