Los Angeles, CA asked in Civil Litigation and Contracts for Utah

Q: filed quit claim deeds a few years ago on the home I live in and my three investment properties but lacked capacity.help

What do I need to do to get those voidable contracts voided or what's the next step to repairing the war zone that has become my life because I'm now homeless and I've lost a lot everything my life's work forgive the errors and no punctuation I'm talking into my phone

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Wesley Winsor
Wesley Winsor
  • Saint George, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: Not a lot of facts to go off of here, except that you are saying that you signed and recorded some quit claim deeds a few years ago while you lacked capacity and now you want to void the deed.

If you were under duress or undue influence by the person to whom you signed them over to, you could file suit against them. If they knew you were incapacitated and facilitated the transfer then they would be liable civilly and criminally.

You would have to give more facts. I do think you should talk to an attorney on this one though.

I hope this helps.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.