Lawrenceville, GA asked in Probate for Georgia

Q: What is the remedy for not being given legal notice for a hearing in probate court in Fulton county Georgia

I filed a petition for removal of administrator of an estate. When the court date was set. The court sent notice to the wrong address. The petition specified that notice should be sent to my P. O. Box, but it was sent to the listed street address. Though all other notices(i.e. medidiation, appointment of gardian et lit)had been sent to the P.O. Box. The result was me missing the court date. What recourse do I have under Georgia law

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jammie Taire
Jammie Taire
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Snellville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: I would recommend that you contact the court regarding this issue immediately. Most likely, you will have to file a Motion to set aside the Order of the Court. If you bring it to the court's attention, they may vacate the order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.