Virginia Beach, VA asked in Domestic Violence for Louisiana

Q: How can my brother win a domestic violence and child endangerment case

My brother was charge with the domestic violence and child endangerment. he’s fiancé sign a affidavit for him. And he’s currently in jail and he has not seen a judge for his case. He also was charge with violating a protective order when she never issued one nor the court notified her for one. They got in a fight with two kids present and he accidentally scratched her neck, trying to get her to calm down when she started to get angry . the cops have a picture of her neck and her statement but she never gave a written statement either. She has mental illness and sometimes over reacts in a bad manner when they argue. What’s the best way to go about this case ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Your brother is going to need a criminal defense lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.