Mc Call Creek, MS asked in Child Custody for Mississippi

Q: My son father has primary custody, and if i sign my rights over will i lose my rights to my daughter?

I allowed my son to live with is father because he his in danger to his sister, step father and myself, so we went to court and i allowed the father to take primary custody of my son. My husband is inlisting in the army. My son is going back an forward between his father and i and his behavior is getting worst. My question is can i sign my rights over to my son and not lose primary custody to my daughter.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
  • Cleveland, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: It is possible; however, I would encourage you to reach out to a lawyer familiar with family law, so that he or she can talk more with you about your case, and so you can determine whether there will be any ramifications from going that route, especially with the father enlisting.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.