Haddonfield, NJ asked in Civil Rights, Real Estate Law, Small Claims and Divorce for Pennsylvania

Q: I purchased a house and my wife had just her name put on the deed. She refuses to add my name. What do I do

My wife and I purchased a house in mckean county which I paid for. Ahe doesnt work. She contacted the attorney and told them to put only her name on it. They didn't contact me to see if it was ok. However my wife is refusing to put my name on it and now I have a feeling she is going to sell it out from under me. She currently is fighting for a house she has with her ex.

1 Lawyer Answer
Cary B. Hall
Cary B. Hall
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Norristown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: I suggest filing a "lis pendens" against the property in McKean Co. in the Prothonotary's Office there. Anyone looking to purchase that property in the future should see that there is a cloud on the title with that filing.

Best of luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.