Honolulu, HI asked in Foreclosure for New Jersey

Q: My Jersey City condo was foreclosed on and there were excess funds I would like to access. How do I start that process?

The bank foreclosed earlier this year. I was not involved at all. I had long vacated the property and was not healthy enough to follow-up with anything. The condo sold for more than the mortgage balance so there are funds that should be returned to me after their fees, etc. How do I start this process?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer
  • Foreclosure Defense Lawyer
  • Clifton, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: You really need to retain an experienced New Jersey mortgage foreclosure defense attorney, so the attorney can obtain an accounting and the surplus funds that you are entitled to. This is not something that you can do on your own.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.