Eaton, OH asked in Environmental for Ohio

Q: I turn 18 in January, I'm still in school. Can I move out of my parents house?

I'm 17 and turn 18 in January. I finished all of the requirements to graduate my junior in high school and decided to go to college my senior year, which my high school pays for. I have a decent job and I have a car. My parents say I can't move out until I graduate high school. I'm absolutely miserable at home and I dont think its going to get any better. I don't think they'll let me take my things either even though I buy all of my things.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Environmental Law Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: You need an Ohio attorney who is familiar with Family Law/Juvenile Law issues to see your question. There are sections here for that. The Environmental category is for things like oil spills or groundwater contamination; that's probably why no one saw your question for a week. You could repost. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.