Akron, OH asked in Civil Litigation, Contracts, Estate Planning and Family Law for Puerto Rico

Q: Uncle is trustee of family land. Dad passed, trustee didnt pass to his children. How can I get added to my family trust?

Uncle is real estate agent and has created a trust to place all siblings portions of the land into. However as my father has passed no action was taken by the trustee to include his children. He was not married and died in Puerto Rico. I sense my inheritence is being robbed by my dads siblings.

2 Lawyer Answers
Jose M. Rivera Santos
Jose M. Rivera Santos pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Ponce, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: If you're member of a trust where your uncle included everyone of your siblings, including yourself, chances are that this was perpetuated by a procedure in a Court of law. Feel free to give us a call and contact our offices.

Nelson Jose Francisco Alvarez-Aponte
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Carolina, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: Hello and thank you for using JUSTIA. You Will need to set up an Estate for your Father. This is done by an Attorney filing a case for Declaration of Inheritors of your Father if your Father did not leave a Testament. If a Testament was left then your Attorney would need to find it and register it.. Once this is done your Attorney Will process a Probate and register the Estate in the Property Registry and request from the Triste all documents to insure your inheritance. The total cost of the procedure is $ 1,500.00

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.