Pittsburgh, PA asked in Estate Planning and Real Estate Law for Pennsylvania

Q: my husband parents are deceased since 2006 how can we get the deed changed in my husband name no mortgage on home?

any resources to find an affordable estate lawyer in Pittsburgh, PA

Elizabeth Tarasi
Elizabeth Tarasi
  • Pittsburgh, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: You will need to hire an attorney. I’m in the Pittsburgh area and am happy to help you. Beth Tarasi emt@tarasilaw.com 412-391-7135

Mark Scoblionko
Mark Scoblionko
  • Allentown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: If his parents owned the property together, it would have passed to the survivor after the first to die. An estate would have to be opened for the second parent to die so that the property could then be distributed. If your husband had siblings who were living at the time of the passing of the second parent, this gets rather complicated. Further, there are important facts missing in your question. You would be best advised to consult with an estate attorney to sort this out.