Portland, OR asked in Employment Law for Oregon

Q: I have not been paid for all my hours, and no longer work for that employer. What can I do?

The last day I worked was 11/18/19. I was not paid for the hours worked that day, nor for 3 hours on the 15th of Nov.

I let someone in payroll know on the 21st of Nov. there was a discrepancy with my check, and she indicated that it was right.

I then asked for copies of our login and found where they added my hours in for 11/15/19 but did not pay me for them. I then texted Tara(payroll) and let her know. She has yet to reply to my text. What action can I take. I worked for a pediatric dental office.

Brenda M

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Greg Mansell
Greg Mansell

A: Typically each state has a law that requires employers to pay employees in a certain amount of time. 30 days is fairly common. If you have still not been paid, you should contact an employment attorney in Oregon to see your options for going after your unpaid wages.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.