New Orleans, LA asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Libel & Slander for Louisiana

Q: What can charge someone with who has been trying to ruin my reputation and constantly threatens me?

An exfriend has been going around my university telling people bad things about me and a friend and always tell people how she wants to fight...etc. A recent event just happened between us when people were telling us the lies she said about us. The girl had people literally hating us until they knew the truth. She shows people pictures of us and says that she hates us and to not talk to us. We told the girl to stop talking about us unless she was trying to fight basically and now she has filed a police complaint about us.

1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Stay away from her and leave her alone. Print any evidence of her hate campaign and file a complaint with your university police

2 users found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.