Brunswick, GA asked in Libel & Slander and Civil Litigation for Georgia

Q: Can I get back my $30,084.20 in Social Security benefits that my former representative payee stole from me?

I had a former Social Security representative payee steal $30,084.20 from me, and the theft occurred from June 1, 2010-12/31/2011. I am also suing him for $25,000 in punitive damages for all the emotional distress and pain and suffering that he caused me as a result of his theft against me. I live in Georgia, I have filed a petition in superior court, served papers to him by the sheriffs office on 11/13/2018 and I am waiting on him to file an answer with the court. How can I guarantee that I will win the case, and how can I collect my money?

1 Lawyer Answer
Priscilla T. Upshaw
Priscilla T. Upshaw
  • Powder Springs, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: It is important to contact an attorney who can assist you with the specifics of your case. There are options available to you. We are glad to assist you.

I wish you well.

-The Upshaw Law Firm, (770) 240-0922.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.