Portland, OR asked in Criminal Law for Oregon

Q: I had a felony drug charge back in 1991 in Ca. I am a resident of Oregon, am I eligible to have my gun rights restored.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Shawn A Kollie
Shawn A Kollie
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Medford, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: You may petition to restore your Oregon gun rights from Oregon. That allows you to have firearms under Oregon law, and obtain an Oregon Concealed Handgun License. It would not fully restore your federal rights, as the feds require restoration in the jurisdiction of conviction. So this would restore you in Oregon. If you want to discuss this process speak to a knowledge gun rights attorney about restoring your rights.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.