Atlanta, GA asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Mississippi

Q: Im wondering how I need to go about seeing if I can purchase a rifle. I was on probation in 2015 with the code 99-15-26

I plead guilty to a arson charge and served two half’s probation

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: As a convicted felon, Mississippi law does not allow you to possess a firearm or any other type of deadly weapon. That being said, depending on the age of the conviction, as well as other factors, you may be able to get a certificate of rehabilitation, which would allow you to possess a firearm; however, there is no guaranty that a judge would issue a certificate.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.