Kansas City, MO asked in DUI / DWI for Oklahoma

Q: I need legal advice how to get my license back, even a modified license with a past dui and failure to comply.

In 2015 I was arrested for DUI. I failed to pay my fines or show up to court. In 2017 I was arrested for driving on a suspended license. I was ordered to pay fines, check in with probation, and have alcohol assessments done. I did do the assessments, but failed to do everything else and did not turn in the assessments. I currently have a bench warrant out.

I want to get this matter taken care of. I need a drivers license to work. I need to work in order to pay my fines. But I’m having trouble getting a job without a license. I need help. I don’t know what I need to do first and how to resolve my legal issues.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tracy Tiernan
Tracy Tiernan
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Many attorneys handle DUI cases and your licensing issues at the same time for the same price. If you want to go the cheap route and not have to retain an attorney you can simply go to any Department of Public safety office early in the morning when they open and sit down with a hearing officer. They will pull up your record and tell you exactly what obstacles or pitfalls you have to sidestep on your road to getting either modified drivers license or a reinstatement of your driving privileges.

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.