Jefferson, GA asked in Contracts and Business Law for Georgia

Q: Worked for a company now they only wanna pay what they feel it's worth not the agreed amount

I did work on a deadline for a new person. We agreed to pay me a certain amount per apt I was to clean and then $1200 for painting and apt. I did the work all before Thanksgiving and they said they would pay me the total is $2200 I have all convos back and forth and now they say they feel the work is only worth $1200 I can take it or leave it or if I wanna go to court that is fine what can I do

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

A: If you don't agree with their terms the next step is to file suit for breach, fraud, whatever's applicable.

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Priscilla T. Upshaw
Priscilla T. Upshaw
  • Powder Springs, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: I agree with my colleague. You have options available to you. It is best to contact an attorney who can assist you with the specifics of your case.

We are glad to assist you. Contact us whenever you are ready.

I wish you well.

-The Upshaw Law Firm, (770) 240-0922.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.