Brownsville, PA asked in Bankruptcy for Pennsylvania

Q: I filed for chp13 on July 5 2017 I had to retain attorney for car accident

I filed for bankruptcy without attorney ended up in car accident got an attorney (for car accident only still no bankruptcy attorney) who told me not to worry about telling courts yet. Now almost completed chapter 13 filed lawsuit sometime in 2018 after bankruptcy had already been filed I only have 6 more payments till bankruptcy is complete no settlement offer made yet how and do I need to update court about all this could I lose my settlement I have no income full time college student 3 kids what do I need to do? Do I need to mention not employed no income. Would surely love a pro Bono lawyer or free legal advice.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: You need to go see an experienced bankruptcy lawyer. There are several ways you can protect some or all of your settlement.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.