Oakland, CA asked in Civil Litigation for California

Q: filed complains planning- building re: architect next door preventing my access to the side of my house. Last 3yrs.

This is a fire harasser, she put a tankless water heater in 2 ft setback between us. My other neighbor had fire 12-25-14 it came through my bedroom window a legitimate accident.

These old houses setback are approx 4ft.

code is 6ft now if new or reconstructed.

Architect is new!

There's a newly attached bathroom without permit preventing any access

City finally violated for electrical, and plumbing etc. but haven't enforced it.

She also had per-1978 paint removal of her 1908 house no protection for me,

my car paint oxidation, and peeling

Have filed complain 9/18.

City/Alameda County

Can I sue for damage?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
George W. Wolff Esq.
George W. Wolff Esq.
  • San Francisco, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You might be able to file an action to enforce the City codes but first make sure there is really a violation

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.