Philadelphia, PA asked in Adoption for Pennsylvania

Q: My daughter was adopted 3yrs ago I terminated my rights is there any way to get her back

I'm trying to find any lawyer that will give me so hope about this or tell me there is no way to do so

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kathryn Hilbush
Kathryn Hilbush
  • Family Law Lawyer
  • Media, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Under most circumstances, an adoption is final. I suggest that you gather all of you paperwork and then seek out the advice of an attorney who pretty mush specializes in adoptions. try doing an internet search for one in the Philadelphia area and then call to find out if he/she seems like one who might want to consult. one thing you might want to consider is whether you honestly believe it's the best for your daughter to potentially uproot her from a family she's lived with for three years. I don't know her age but it's possible that these are the people she thinks of as her family. As truly difficult as it is to know you don't have her with you, you also need to consider that aspect as well.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.