Pensacola, FL asked in Appeals / Appellate Law and Child Custody for Louisiana

Q: Can a city court in Louisiana (bogalusa) hold child in need of care cases? Where to appeal?

The Atty for parent stated in email that they couldn't do appeals. They didn't have the staff. Under the rules of Atty for this kind of case it states differently. How to appeal for all the violation of the case ? Where to file the paperwork for Appeal?

1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Yes city courts in Bogalusa, Slidell and Denham Springs can hear CINC cases. If the attorney for the parent was public defender, they may not be able to do appeals. Appeal must be filed in District Court in Covington quickly. Hire a private Juvenile Court lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.