Snohomish, WA asked in Family Law for Washington

Q: The opposing party in my family law case erased several questions from the interrogatories. Will there be consequences?

I am in a custody battle with my ex and we both had to answer interrogatories. I answered each question to the best of my ability and responded in a reasonable time frame. However it has taken my ex months to respond to the interrogatories and when I received his response, I saw he deleted several questions that I know he doesn’t want to answer. What can I do about this and doesn’t this show the court that he is unwilling to respect the process?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin R. Richardson
Kevin R. Richardson
  • Seattle, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: Only of you pursue the issue. No consequences unless you take action. You need to try to resolve issue on your own by asking that the answers be provided. If not, then ask court to make them answer with a motion to compel. Good luck.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.