Atlanta, GA asked in Personal Injury and Civil Litigation for Georgia

Q: Can we sue attorney who cancelled approval for medical treatment resulting in more serious injury?

Attorney controlled program for providing medical care until my husband's auto accident case settled. He cancelled 10 approved physical therapy visits almost immediately, even though we asked to have PT be a priority because the one visit he had yielded positive results. A few months later, he was diagnosed with avascular necrosis to left hip. The hip deteriorated due to lack of blood flow and he had hip replacement at age 48. The ER physician who made diagnosis was mad because avascular necrosis is easily prevented by physical therapy to insure blood flow to affected bone or joint. This was in 2013-2014. I don't know if legal malpractice is appropriate or even possible, or if a civil suit against the firm or attorney is the way to go.

1 Lawyer Answer
Priscilla T. Upshaw
Priscilla T. Upshaw
  • Powder Springs, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: The circumstances of your case are unfortunate. Without more information, it is difficult to provide you with an answer. It is best to contact an attorney who can assist you with the specifics of your case.

We are glad to assist you. Contact us whenever you are ready.

I wish you well.

-The Upshaw Law Firm, (770) 240-0922.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.