Asked in Estate Planning, Elder Law and Probate for Georgia

Q: I was a care taking for a lady with dementia. A lawyer has been granted conservatorship over her. I no longer care

for her, but am owed over $2000 in wages. First the lawyer told me he had to get on her account, then he said her had to put money in a conservatorship account and now he says he has to get approval from the court before he can pay me. It's been 3 months. What is the truth?

1 Lawyer Answer
Robert W. Hughes Jr.
Robert W. Hughes Jr.
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Lawrenceville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Everything you have been told is accurate. You can ask the lawyer for a copy of the documents he filed in court to get approval to pay you. You can also ask the probate court for a copy of the document he filed for permission to pay you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.