Potomac, MD asked in Civil Litigation for California

Q: Is there software that will help me properly format and prepare a court motion response?

I need to file a response for a motion in Alameda, CA superior court. This response is to a motion that a defendent filed to remove a lien on a house. This is part of a collection action that I filed many years ago. I would like to file this motion without a lawyer, as cheaply as possible, and am looking for software to properly format the paperwork.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andy Chen
Andy Chen
  • Modesto, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: It might depend on the facts of your case, but using pleading paper is generally in any type of California state court civil case. You can make your own pleading paper in Microsoft Word or other similar word processing program. You can download Word templates for pleading paper. Here's one from the California court website (https://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-forms.htm?rdeLocaleAttr=en). Scroll all the way to the bottom.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.