Baldwin, WI asked in Divorce for Wisconsin

Q: Granted a divorce and in the divorce decree was an order for the ex (who was granted the house).

Court order states that ex pays me a marital settlement in 3 months or the marital home goes up for sale and profits used to pay settlement. The house sits and the ex is incognito (currently has a nationwide warrant for no child support). He is off the grid. I want to get a court date for contempt of this order and be granted the house. Will the judge grant me the house if I ask for it? I want the house to sell and pay my past legal fees. I know that I need to serve him to get the court date. What can I ask the judge for with this type of order in the divorce decree? Ex is behind more than 15, 000 in child support.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David N. Iancu
David N. Iancu
  • Milwaukee, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: This is an interesting and complex question. There are so many more details needed to give you an accurate answer. Strongly recommend consulting privately with an attorney so he/she can review your divorce judgment, financials, etc.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.