Marysville, CA asked in Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for California

Q: If an officer is testifying against me at trial, is there a motion to prohibit him from wearing his uniform?

I was pulled over for a DUI whereas my bac was .30. The officer later alleged that I attempted to bribe him but has no evidence of me doing such except his own word against mine. Is there a motion that I can file to prohibit the officer from wearing his uniform during his testimony at trial?

Also, how can someone who is slurring heavily, unable to stand without accommodation and at a .30 be taken seriously? Don't you have to formulate a bribe and have intent? How can I research case law and what should I be looking up? Thank you in advance!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: more info needed.

you have a VERY HIGH reading and if it comes down to your word vs officer, they are going to believe the officer is all likelihood.

in almost 50 years of practice I have only seen a handful of .3... readings.

i am not sure it would make any difference to jurors who hear how under the influence you were.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.